Pinterest 1973 Dabney Street

Friday, August 23, 2013

It was my honest intention to talk about my Hair journey when beginning this blog. But I wanted to share with you my experience in Salzburg for a very important reason. I am going to get to this reason. I will not go on about the festival I attended because it was Crap! The festival was indeed a sham. The best part of the whole business was the 15 people I met.
I now have a place to stay whenever I decide to go back to Salzburg, or to Vienna, Malaysia, Spain, Germany, and England! However, I want to finally get to the real reason why Salzburg is so important to my Hair journey. Are you ready for it? It was the weather.
When I last reported on my hair I shared that it had barely survive 16 hours of airplane air, sweat and gel plastered down by a sweaty scarf attempting to give it some sort of style! Each day in Salzburg brought something new weather wise. Initially, I walked out to chilly temps in the 70’s filled with gently breezes and misty atmospheres! Just my type of weather. I began the day with a shower, wetting my hair and applying some Organic Root Stimulator olive oil hair cream. This had proven t be somewhat useful in the states. I wouldn’t bother with wash and go curl definition. For some reason, my whole perspective on hair and Curl definition went completely out the window. Accepting what was real and authentic was more important. I couldn’t’ hide underneath braids. This is me and I had to look the best I could with what I had on my head. Like the gas station hottie said, the weather in Salzburg changes quite often in the summer. Some days it could be very cold, but the next day it could get quite hot and humid. The longer I stayed in Salzburg the more it began to fluctuate. We had competing storms that would volley back and forth between mountains.
Yet all of this moisture was proving very beneficial for me. My skin looked amazing, and sense we all had to walk a lot, I began to lose weight. Sticking with my simple regime of wetting and applying curl cream to my hair was also proving beneficial. My curls began to come back. The humidity, good clean food, daily walking, and the working helped my hair tremendously. By the time I left Salzburg for home, I was 10 pounds lighter and impoverished, but I got that one and half inches on my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment